Ranger educator

Sunday 25 October 2009

Breathing again

a few days ago Patty aka Eclectic Archivist sent me a mail saying that when i come up for air there was an award waiting for me on her blog... this made me smile... kind of gave me a reason to blog again... good one Patty! :)

The award comes with rules...of course:
1 Thank the person who gave you the award... Thank you Patty!
2 Copy the logo and place it in your blog. (see the logo above :)
3 Link the person who nominated you. ( linked in first sentence of this post)
4 Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5 Nominate 7 "Kreative Bloggers".
6 Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate7 Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know your nominated them.
so.... 7 things about myself no one would really know huh?
1 i can't whistle, i just cannot produce any sound when i try! it is so funny!
2 my students called me the Grammar dragon behind my back ( i taught English for many years)
4 i would love to speak perfect French and Spanish
5 as a young girl is was a really good gymnastic
6 i am a huge METALLICA fan wohoo nothing else matters...
7 i adore strawberries and raspberries....mmmmmm delish!

okay seven things about me you may or may not know or even want to know lol but there they are.
now to name others to do some sharing!






okay that is only 5! i like to cheat sometimes lol
----------------------------------------------------------------
so what have i been up to??? well first of all, the whole ordeal with my mother's death, especially the family issues that came with it, it all took so much of me that i could no longer put up with the pain in my leg and foot so i finally went to doc to get pain relief! not an easy deal with Suddeck so for the last four weeks i have been following a plan of morfine patches and neurontin, dose gets higher every two days. pain is less, not gone, in no way gone but the edge is off it so i seem to be a little more mobile, ont he other hand the meds are doing my head in! they really take getting used to! i can cycle a little on the home trainer! i'm proud of that!


i have been drawing and painting, i haven't got everything on photo but this one is my latest, i put her on my facebook and have recieved some really lovely comments. thank you!


to think that a year ago i took my first class with Suzi Blu! i had enroled in her Petit Doll class just before i went to Ranger U, i had never drawn a face before in my entire life, as a mixed media artist i had no need to, for scrapbooking neither, so it was purely to challenge myself and to get my mind off the pain in my foot ( i had just had the surgery then) i never, in a million years, thought i even had it in me! and today i can say i am really happy with my faces.

and as a Ranger addict of course i use all things Ranger in my paintings: paint is mostly CH studio paints mixed with Golden glaze, i also use Adirondack Dimensional pearls mixed with CH, water, perfect pearls. stamps are Tim's! inks are all Ranger, Grungeboard is uhhhhh.... Tim's! isn't it great how you can use all the wonderful Ranger goodies in Mixed Media paintings?? i love it!

catch you all again soon!

(not checked for typos! you know me!)

xxxx love!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you pop up for air, my friend! You've been sorely missed! I've been in a funk myself, and not blogging too often. Trying to get bank into it.

    Love your new girl. She looks absolutely FAB!!

    Hope you are able to get that pain back under control soon!! Thoughts with you!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, Welcome back...I'm glad I could be of some help. What a perfect piece of art you have created to help you on your journey of healing. She is lovely and the title perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention the spell check/ grammar thing...I am the same way! Just one more thing we have in common I suppose :) Thanks so much for the award! I love it. I hope your pain disappears soon. I guess this means I need to post a new blog (which I have also been slacking in doing, lol). Off I go, Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya,
    She is gorgeous. I really like your paintings, my dear!
    Thanks for the Kreative Blogger...Will get it done this weekend!
    XOXOXO
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how nice. I just came back from my hols to find this award. Thanks so much for thinking of me :-) I shall post it on my blog v soon. Love your paintings, especially like the red with the orange - a lovely colour combo. Hope you get that pain under control. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tanya,

    It's sad to hear the pain is still there... I hope the Suddeck evolves like it did with my mothers hand. It is still there, but I don't hear her complain about pain anymore. Pain can take away so much energy and stress is very very bad for it... but in the situations you were, I think it was quite impossible not to have stress...I hope it heals soon.

    I still know when I found out you were also on Suzi's class and that you told me you couldn't draw. Wow, when I look what you accomplished since then ! You surely practiced a lot more than I did !
    You may be proud of your faces !

    greetings from Waarschoot
    Inge

    PS : Dorien has to work the day of your workshop in Balgerhoeke and I have to be careful with my money the past months ( two students to university and Freek "op kot", so they cost me a lot for the moment ...) I wished I could follow the workshop just for being there and to have a chat with you...Maybe in the future...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. have a great day!