Ranger educator

Monday 7 December 2009

Tag 5 and 6 and 7!!!

look who has been busy;;;
tag 5
i used a 7Gypsies metal border, really easy, it's adhesive and cutable with tim's scissors!
i didn't have the charm fragments so i used the normal oval ones, that proved a bit of a challenge, i had to make up some kind of charm like thing so i wrapped a bit of the wire around first and then covered with foil, not quite the same but it still looks cool.
the white rub-on was replaced by some white embossing and the distress embossing powder by verdigris from the antiquities range from Ranger it works well!

tag 6
again some improvisation going on! i had no black embossing powder at hand while i was working on this yesterday so i stamped with pitch black pigment and embossed with clear, well actually, a little story... during a workshop ome time ago, i had both clear and frosted crystal open and while explaining something i picked up the wrong jar, you guessed it! i poured frosted into clear!! and yes that is what i had in my hands yesterday so my embossing as a cool mixture! and i mean cool! it is pretty neat. the fluffy white stuff that tim used as snow looks so cool but again no where to be found here in belgium so i used Aleene's glitter snow and it is nice, i had never used this before but it does the trick. i love the idea of the tree on the car! so tim! don't you think??

tag 7

the mask sheets were not available to me for this one so i made my own but i do really love tim for making these sheets! i am getting a load once they are here!

i like this tag, the white paint coming through is so vintage, along with the distress stickles and the vintage Santa really gets me into a Christmas mood.

oh because of the colours i had chosen to ink my tag (fired brick, broken china) the Merry Christmas stamp didn't show up too well so i embossed it with clear and now it really pops, it's all about making quick decisions and trusting your crazy ideas as Tim once put on a stamp!

tag 8 tomorrow!

mine will be late in the day as i am away most of the day

so many people are enjoying the tags, it is a wonderful thing that we are all sharing, it is the spirit of Xmas really!

now i am off to draw angels, i can't wait to start painting on one, i bouht the most beautiful paints today at the art store, a small fortune, oh my god they are expensive but lush lush lush!

now let me go play! i'll be back tomorrow!

and am i a good blogger or what?? two post in one day i might add!!!

and winners!!! don't forget to send me your address via mail, onlt that way can i get your goodiebag out the door, this will be Wednesday if i have all the addresses!!!

love and peace! xxx t

7 comments:

  1. Waw! How 'chic' to be Rangers Certified, Tanya!!! :D I myself took classes with Tim Holtz at CKU Provo-2009, but only for 5 hours... Yet, yes, I could learn and fall in love with vintage techniques. Best X-Mas Wishes!!! Scrap Hugs and Kisses, Julia Saddi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags. Especially love the colours on the last one and the way the santa peeps thru the colours :-) Which paints did you get today? Tell me tell me! Just love paints, you can't ever have enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags look awesome! I got hung up yesterday as I was missing a number of things. Then today - I'm missing everything! I ordered the stamp set (wanted it anyway!!) so I'll get it done eventually. But yours - look totally RAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Love your tags and great you caught up! Yesterdays was a mission for me, just tired I think, hopefully today's will be better! Have a good day
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tanya
    Here's you doing what you do best - using an idea and putting a "Tanya" spin on it. In fact, I love your day 7 tag even better than Tim's (shush - don't tell) but its true. I haven't got round to making even Christmas cards for family yet - might have to resort to going round the shop looking for samples which are clean enough to send!!! never mind keeping up with Tim's tags!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. have a great day!